This scheme offers recognition of a significant depth of knowledge of beer styles and beer and food matching for successful candidates. You will become an ambassador with the knowledge, communication skills and, most importantly, the passion to inspire people to discover, respect and enjoy our national beverage.
Please feel free to read the 'preparing for Beer Sommelier Assessments.To view our list of Beer Academy Sommeliers please click here
To join this illustrious list please download the requirements pdf found at the bottom of this page
|26 Jan 17||10:30-11:45||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|26 Jan 17||12:00-13:15||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|26 Jan 17||14:00-15:15||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|26 Jan 17||15:30-16:45||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|9 Feb 17||10:30-11:45||Sentinel Brewing Co, Sheffield||£225+VAT|
|9 Feb 17||12:00-13:15||Sentinel Brewing Co, Sheffield||£225+VAT|
|9 Feb 17||14:00-15:15||Sentinel Brewing Co, Sheffield||£225+VAT|
|9 Feb 17||15:30-16:45||Sentinel Brewing Co, Sheffield||£225+VAT|
|30 Mar 17||10:30-11:45||Beer Academy, London||£225+VAT|
|30 Mar 17||12:00-13:15||Beer Academy, London||£225+VAT|
|30 Mar 17||14:00-15:15||Beer Academy, London||£225+VAT|
|30 Mar 17||15:30-16:45||Beer Academy, London||£225+VAT|
|27 Apr 17||10:30-11:45||Beer Academy, London||£225+VAT|
|27 Apr 17||12:00-13:15||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|27 Apr 17||14:00-15:15||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
|27 Apr 17||15:30-16:45||Beer Academy, London||Booked|
The Beer Academy Accredited Sommelier Scheme Requirements
- Prospective candidates that wish to become Beer Academy Registered & Accredited Sommeliers must;
Complete an application form and confirm that:
1. They have attended and passed the Beer Academy Foundation Course
2. They have attended and passed the Beer Academy Advanced Course
3. They have attended and passed the Beer Academy How to Judge Beer Course
- With the application form the applicant must provide a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) of their practical competence.
- Use of beer menus or other similar schemes at retail level.
- Use of beer and food pairings.
- The use of beer range in retailing.
- Evidence of high beer retailing and image standards through POS, branded glassware, cellar hygiene standards and other relevant evidence.
Beer Sommelier Assessment:
- Applicant submits POE and evidence of qualifications (form can be found below).
- Applicant pays an application fee of £150 (GBP) +VAT.
- Applicant is invited to attend an interview (viva voce) at The Beer Academy and is assessed via an evidence based process against written parameters.
- The assessment will test all parts of the Beer Academy Courses and may include practical tests including identification of randomly selected beer styles.
- Successful candidates will be provided with a Certificate upon request and a soft copy of the Beer Academy Beer Sommelier badge/logo.
- Successful candidates will be entered into the register of Beer Accredited Beer Sommeliers